Home       About Me       Review Archive

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday (1)

It's a week of "firsts" here, with my very first Waiting On Wednesday post hosted by Breaking the Spine! Waiting On Wednesday is yet another weekly meme in which an upcoming, eagerly anticipated release is spotlighted on the blog. This week, Matched by Ally Condie, coming out November 30, 2010:

 

Description (from Goodreads): Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

 
Ever since finishing and loving The Hunger Games Trilogy, I just can't get enough of these dystopian novels. Also, the hype for this book from the majority of blogs that I read is crazy! I'm actually nervous a bit that when I finally get to read it, I'll be disappointed because the expectations from so many amazing reviews is so high. Anyway, all I can do is wait to find out for myself!

9 comments :

  1. Ooh, good pick. I have this one on hold at my library (I don't think they even have a copy yet :P ). I know what you mean about the hype. I hope it lives up to it (and to that beautiful cover).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is on my radar too, it sounds really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, very exciting. I don't know if I'll be able to get to it immediately though as I have a backlog of books to read currently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thoroughly enjoyed the book. I hope you do too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound enticing...I have been seeing it around. Great cover, too.

    Here's mine:

    http://lindsaymalone.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/waiting-on-wednesday-nov-17/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm a new follower. Matched (especially the cover) has been getting a lot of attention lately. It looks really good. Glad to have found your blog...and a fellow Harry Potter fan.
    Caroline @ Bon Bons and Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  7. Regarding your query on my blog about the date I got Matched, well I just walked into town on my lunch hour on the Wednesday before that post and there it was on the shelves at WH Smiths. I knew it was due out that week so didn't realise it was on the shelf early. Maybe it was released on an earlier date in the UK?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see, I see. Either way I was a bit jealous to read that!

    ReplyDelete