Home       About Me       Review Archive

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (1)

First ever Teaser Tuesday! Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Here are the rules:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 


I'm currently reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown (I know, I know. I'm really behind the times. I meant to read this years ago but just never got around to it. You know how it is :)). Here's my teaser, from page 159:

In 1857, Pope Pius IX decided that the accurate representation of the male form might incite lust inside the Vatican. So he got a chisel and mallet and hacked off the genitalia of every single male statue inside Vatican City. He defaced works by Michelangelo, Bramante, and Bernini. Plaster fig leaves were used to patch the damage. Hundreds of sculptures had been emasculated. Langdon had often wondered if there was a huge crate of stone penises someplace.

Hmm, well this was more than two sentences but it was just such an amusing excerpt I didn't want to leave anything out :D

5 comments :

  1. You are not the last one to read it as I have not read it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this either. Good excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read Da Vinci Code, but I couldn't find Angels and Demons (Noooo!), and it looks sooo good. I may have to buy it! Can't wait for your review, and this is a great extract!

    ReplyDelete